Charis Khoury, MFT is a Marriage and Family Therapist in the Bay Area who supports individuals struggling with issues such as depression, anxiety, PTSD, grief and loss, or life transitions. Get in touch to schedule your free 15 minute phone consultation today.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is therapy confidential?
Yes, all information shared during therapy sessions is strictly confidential, with the following exceptions:
- In consultation with professional colleagues, I may discuss your counseling sessions in order to review what is happening, and to give our work together appropriate attention. Your name and other identifying information would be omitted from these discussions.
- If I learn that there exists serious threat to self and or others.
- If there is evidence of, or reasonable suspicion of, child, elder, or dependent adult abuse or neglect.
- If I receive a court order to appear or produce client records.
- If you are trying to get insurance reimbursement, some information may be given to your insurance company, after you sign the release of information portion of the form.
What is your fee?
I would be happy to discuss my current fee over the phone. To make space for those who may not otherwise afford it, I offer a limited number of slots at a sliding scale reduced rate.
Do you accept insurance?
I do not accept insurance directly. However, if your insurance plan covers reimbursement for out-of-network providers, I can provide you with a monthly receipt to submit to your insurance company for your reimbursement. You would be expected to pay at the time of your visit, and would be held responsible for all payment of fees for your therapy.